Beardfish - Sleeping In Traffic: Part Two CD (album) cover

3 stars A band that gets better with each release. Musically, there's no doubt that these guys are talented. One thing that troubles me, that I think they have politician syndrome(as in...they take their own presse clippings a little too seriously, i.e. the Frank Zappa comparisons). Folks, there was only one FRANK ZAPPA. Beardfish prove that they can write killer instrumentals here(i.e. Cashflow). Influences are easy to spot = Gentle Giant, Frank Zappa, minimal King Crimson...maybe some Phish. Don't get me wrong, I think Beardfish is one of the better bands out there today, but I think they need some editing or a producer willing to put up some _pretend microphones_ in the studio, or at least feed the microphones solely into their monitors and not the _record button_. Ahem, but I digress. There's nothing wrong with constructive criticism, is there? Watch for their next album...I've got a feeling it'll be a masterpiece if they heed my advice. :-) 3 stars, but could've been a 4 with some editing and the cutting out of the profanities.
Gooner | 3/5 |