Rush - Permanent Waves CD (album) cover

Eetu Pellonpaa
3 stars This album revealed a change in the bands style. The opening track "Spirit of The Radio" is well composed and produced, but somehow I found it a bit disappointing after their mid-seventies material. The next song "Freewill" is similar in style, but it has nicer parts in it, and Peart's lyrics are thoughtful. "Jacob's Ladder" is the other proggy tune on this one along with "Natural Science", the later one being my favorite. I think it's better to give this a listening before buying, especially if you're fond of their earlier material.
Eetu Pellonpaa | 3/5 |