Enchant - A Blueprint Of The World CD (album) cover

A BLUEPRINT OF THE WORLD

Enchant

Valarius
4 stars People could easily mistake this for a band who has been around for years. Surprisenly though, 'A Blueprint of the World' is Enchants debut album.

Upon my first hearing of this album, I fell into what I would go on to refer to as 'Enchant Syndrome'. One problem I have with Enchants albums is that the opening track is always an amazing song that instantly hooks me, but then I go on to find the rest of the album slightly more challenging, and it takes a long time for every song to really 'click' with me.

After so many listens I can say that this is a great album, and actually something that I'd consider a blueprint for what I hope will one day be my band's debut album. But unfortunately it took me so many listens to learn all the different tracks that there's no way I could consider giving this a five star rating.

However, after a long and grueling struggle, I finally know and recognize all the songs, and love 'em all. Everything a Prog fan could ask for is right here. Fantastic musicianship, catchy melodies and choruses, long, complex song structures, top-notch production, this band has it all.

My version of this album also comes with a bonus CD which contains ten tracks, basically consisting of demos and rough drafts of songs on this album. Nothing to shout home about, although there is one track that didn't make the album called 'The Calling'. This is a great song and I'm saddened that it didn't make the cut. But thankfully that's what bonus discs are for!

Overall this is a brilliant debut effort, though it took me some time to realise it. Songs like 'The Thirst', 'Oasis' and 'Nighttime Sky' are just some of the highlights. Every song on this album can stand alone as a masterpiece. I definitely recommend this album for any fan of Progressive music!

Valarius | 4/5 |