Conception - Parallel Minds CD (album) cover

PARALLEL MINDS

Conception

Valarius
3 stars This is a good album by Progressive Metal band Conception, but to be honest there isn't much here to get you excited about buying it.

Overall this is a solid effort, and some of the songs are actually pretty damn amazing. But sadly most of the album feels very bland and rigid. The guitar riffs which dominate most of this record aren't very tasteful, and the best word I can think of to describe them is 'stiff'.

However, with that said there are some pretty good moments on this album. Songs like 'Roll the Fire', 'And I Close My Eyes' and the title track are all good tracks that are easy to get stuck in your head. But sadly this album just doesn't jump out and grab you by the throat when you're trying to decide what to listen to.

It's not a terrible album, and I suppose it's worth getting for Roy Khan alone (fans of Kamelot will want to check this out anyway), but overall I recommend only getting it if you can find it cheap somewhere. It's good, but there is a lot better stuff out there than this.

Valarius | 3/5 |