Metallica - The $5.98 Garage Days Re-Revisited CD (album) cover

THE $5.98 GARAGE DAYS RE-REVISITED

Metallica

Valarius
2 stars This is a great, little EP, but I wouldn't recommend getting it unless you're a diehard 'Tallica fan like me. This is mostly because these songs all appear on the album 'Garage Inc.' anyway, and owning this EP is really just for the sake of being a Metallica fan owning a copy of 'The $5.98 Garage Days Re-Revisited EP'.

The songs themselves are done really well, and I think doing brilliant cover versions is one thing Metallica are really better at than anyone else. But the choice of songs can be a bit lame at times. Sadly this is another compromise when it comes to Metallica covers. They always seem to cover songs I've never heard of. I mean come on, who can HONESTLY say they had heard of any of these songs (with a possible exception being maybe the Misfits cover), before Metallica covered them?

However, if you just enjoy this for what it is, just straight-up Metal covers, then you're in for a treat. But go for the 'Garage Inc.' album instead.

Valarius | 2/5 |