Änglagård - Hybris CD (album) cover

5 stars One of the best surprise of my life. After having listen to all 70's classics, I had already explored quite a lot of the top rated album, mainly in Symphonic prog, ProgMetal, Eclectic or Crossover. Several very good albums, but I felt always that something was missing, an inspiration the classics had but not the albums I was discovering. This one is the first exception. Beautifull melancholic melodies - even if very different, I find similarities with other Swedish bands (OPETH, mainly). Quiet moments escalating to a desperate cry, without excess, a litle contained. Exceptional players; chalenging time structures. To be listen in a very confotable environment. Enjoy the moment.
JethroTree | 5/5 |