Yes - Time and a Word CD (album) cover

TIME AND A WORD

Valarius
1 stars I just want to say I'm a big fan of Yes, and over the years they have released some incredible music, but unfortunately their earlier material really bores me.

The music and production is very old and primitive by today's standards, and I think this is partly what puts me off this album, but overall I find the songs to be dull and boring, the complete opposite of Yes' later material which is full of energy and life.

Though there are one or two decent moments on this album, there really is nothing here for me to go back to. There are one or two good songs, but sadly by good I mean 'trying to make something positive from the negative', I doubt I'll listen to them again.

A lot of diehard Prog fans will likely find this to be blasphemous, but this album can only get one star from me. I'll never get rid of it because it's Yes and it belongs in my collection, but I can honestly say I don't think I'll ever listen to this album again.

Valarius | 1/5 |