Bacamarte - Depois Do Fim CD (album) cover

DEPOIS DO FIM

Bacamarte

Werneflo
5 stars Wow. Just wow. Really. I wasn't expecting much when I first pressed play, but as soon as the music started, I was blown away. Some of the fast-paced and "half-tone-heavy" music featured on this album reminds me of a far superior version of some of John Barry's James Bond works, strangely enough, with it's galloping bass-lines and structured guitar-licks. I suppose it might be my love for speedy 60's agent-style music (ala Man or Astro-man? for example) that made this album stand out so distinctively to me. The musical style also reminds me a lot of King Crimson in certain areas, though I can't quite put my finger on why it is so. Of course, the whole album does not withhold the previously mentioned agent-style (as it would become rather boring if it was so); it also features sweeping soundscapes and plenty of beautiful flute-playing (and beautiful "everything else" to go along with it).

This record is mostly instrumental, but it's one of those rare ones where the artists are skilled enough to entertain you throughout a whole song of nothing but instrumental performances linked together in an incredible way. All the musicians on this album are top-notch, adding a ton of feel and swing to each song. What I've found to be most enthralling is the bass-playing, which is incredibly active and marvellously drives the songs forwards.

As many have said before me; yes, the female singer (Jane Duboc) has an incredible voice. Sometimes it makes you wonder what on earth she's doing in an obscure Brazilian prog-rock band when she has a voice fit for... well, anything.

Sit down, make yourself comfortable and enjoy one of the best musical rides there has ever been. There are not many albums in this world which can contend with the incredible effort recorded here.

Werneflo | 5/5 |