Minotaurus - Fly Away CD (album) cover

FLY AWAY

Minotaurus

Hrychu
1 stars I was reading the reviews of this album here on PA and I was wondering if you guys listened to the same album as I did. Cause it was an absolute pain to listen to. Let's start with the vocals. The vocals are AWFUL. It's one of those mixtures of broken English and heavy accent that are totally unlistenable for me. The keyboard department is pretty standard here. Solina, Hammond, an analog synth. That's fine, except on this record the keyboards don't have any standout moments. They're just there. I also have no clue where you guys hear the Mellotron, cause I listened carefully and couldn't hear it. The guitars do the job, I mean the guitarist is certainly the most competent player outside the rhythm section here, but once again, the playing is kinda bland. The rhythm section on the other hand is pretty good. Too bad the rhythms themselves are so effing colorless and boring. The mediocre performance is one thing. The other thing is that the compositions are not memorable at all. They go between fast and slow passages in a really cliched way that I can't really immerse myself in the grooves. There's a quite bit of wanky keyboard solos here and there but that's not enough to make the music really pop. It's almost as if the band wanted to do music like Yes, Genesis or Novalis but with no clue what made those bands so good (the amazing compositions and the virtuoso playing of course). So that's Fly Away by Minotaurus. A very middle of the road musicianship kinda album with terrible vocals that's also painfully boring.
Hrychu | 1/5 |

Share this MINOTAURUS review

Donate monthly and keep PA fast-loading and ad-free forever.