Camel - The Snow Goose CD (album) cover

THE SNOW GOOSE

Camel

The Runaway
4 stars The Snow Goose is a great album by Camel, and then reason it is considered one of their best is the success of their previous albums, Mirage and their awesome debut album, Camel.

When I first heard The Great Marsh, I thought this album was gonna be a bummer, but moving on into the album with tracks like Rhayader, Rhayader Goes To Town, Friendship and Migration, I found out The Snow Goose is not only a great album, but a great opportunity for the band to show off their playing skill, due to the lack of lyrics. Snow Goose delivers everything you would want out of a Canterbury band.

The Snow Goose has no lyrics due to Paul Gallico, the writer of the book "The Snow Goose: A Story Of Dunkirk" did not allow Camel to use lyrics based on his book, thus the full name for the album, "Music Inspired By The Snow Goose".

If you are a Camel fan which has only heard of the album, but never heard the whole thing, I recommend this album for you.

The Runaway | 4/5 |