Steven Wilson - To The Bone CD (album) cover

TO THE BONE

Steven Wilson

Zoltanxvamos
1 stars Oh god Steve... what did you do? This is pretty abhorrent, as a huge Steven Wilson and Porcupine Tree fan... this is as bad as It gets. No Progressive Rock at all on this album... maybe a few bits here and there are Prog-Related but for the most part it's all Pop. I loved 'The Raven that refused to Sing' and 'Hand Cannot Erase' but... what the hell happened? A worse version of Steven Wilson 'Covers'? But original? Nothing technically hard, nothing super atmospheric, nothing to grasp at... not even Clutching At Straws?! (Pun intended). I'm sorry, but this album is as bad as it gets. If this was PopArchives, this would get 5/5 on my scale... but look... this is ProgArchives... ok? Is this prog? No. I hope the new album in 2020 is better because this album is just... abhorrent... for lack of stronger word.
Zoltanxvamos | 1/5 |