Drifting Sun - Planet Junkie CD (album) cover

PLANET JUNKIE

Drifting Sun

javajeff
4 stars I love Safe Asylum, Twilight, and Trip The Life Fantastic. They are the three excellent Drifting Sun albums, and the heart of the catalog. Planet Junkie is another outstanding album, but I do miss the vocals of Peter Falconer. He has a style that sets Drifting Sun apart from other groups in the genre. While On The Rebound is an excellent album without Peter, I consider the albums following it to be the signature sound of Drifting Sun. With that being said, Planet Junkie is another fantastic release even if it lacks the cohesion of one singer. It is broken up into three parts, and while I do not know two of the singers, Marc Atkinson is one that I really enjoy from other projects like Riversea and Nine Stones Close. However, all three vocalists do an excellent job, and keep the album flowing. To Tame A Star is likely my favorite track if I had to pick one, so I am impressed with the offerings from Colin Mold. Planet Junkie has many great melodies, and a couple instrumentals that divide up the three parts. Planet Junkie is another brilliant addition to a fantastic catalog of albums that should keep most listeners entertained. Pat Sanders and company put out quality stuff, and this is no exception. Highly recommended.
javajeff | 4/5 |