Black Sabbath - Paranoid CD (album) cover

PARANOID

Black Sabbath

Valarius
1 stars Whilst I'm not a big fan of Black Sabbath, I was able to tolerate their debut album, and at least give it two stars. Sadly, this album just doesn't work for me. And here's why:

For starters, the whole album seems very 'immature'. What I mean when I say this is that everything sounds like it was written by a bunch of twelve year olds who have only been playing their instruments for a month. The guitar riffs are dull and uninspired, the lyrics are tacky and not very well thought, and overall the songs are just boring, Ozzy's vocals are awful, and that has got to be one of the tackiest covers ever.

On top of the that, the version I have has a live version of 'Wicked World' on it, and it's about 20 minutes long, full of dull guitar solos with Tony Iommi playing the same legato licks over and over and Ozzy annoyingly shouting 'alright!' after every second line.

Overall, a rubbish album. Harsh, but true. I gave it a fair amount of listens, and while 'Black Sabbath' had its moments, 'Paranoid' just really doesn't work for me.

Valarius | 1/5 |