Focus - Hamburger Concerto  CD (album) cover

4 stars I became recently a fan of Focus, having started with their classic "Focus III". I expected great things from Hamburger and I was not disappointed. Still the great salad of rock and classical sounds, which I really love. That's what I mean when I think of '70 symphonic rock. Jan Akkerman shows what he can do with his guitar, especially in the sweet medieval oriented "Delitae Musicae", while there's no need to waste words to describe what a great musician is Thiys Van Leer (except when he tries to make strange sounds with his mouth). My only disappoinment is for the lousy cd reissue by Redbullet. I paid 17 euros for it here in Italy, and, as for "Focus III", I found a ridicolus booklet without the slightest description.
| 4/5 |