Focus - Hamburger Concerto  CD (album) cover

4 stars In my opinion is this the best album of Focus.

The opening track "Delitae Musicae" is a kind of celtic medieval song, wich I very like. Songs such as "Le Cathédrale de Strasbourg" and the title track "Hamburger Concerto" are symphonic songs with great organ sounds and strong guitar solos of 'Jan Akkerman'.

The song "Early Birth" is an abridged version of the song "Birth". "Birth" is in my opinion the best song of the whole album. An alternate track, with the great flute playing by Thijs van Leer.

In my opinion, "Harem Scarem" the least significant number of this album, it is a kind of Boogie Blues, which is not between the other songs on this album fits.

Ultimately I think this album is an addition to any prog rock music collection.

Callergrim | 4/5 |