Focus - Focus 8 CD (album) cover

Tonny Larz
5 stars Ladies and gentlemen...nothing here.. nothing there...nothing up my sleeve....hocus pocus: FOCUS !!! Yes its right, there´s a new Focus in town....and a brilliant one at that !! Grandfather Focus Thijs van Leer attended some event, where "Hocus pocus", pay´d hommage to the Dutch progmasters....after which he joined make sure that we all heard of this wonderful team. So here it is....and a wonderful thing it is!! Appropriately named Focus....i think they work wonders...but (ah..there is a but!!) guitarist Jan is no i miss his (Akkerman´s) fluid fills and runs...that said..i think Jan, fills his musical shoes especially in the slower songs/themes.Thijs are of course (as ever)wonderful on the keys...and his flute- playing are better than ever!! Oh...and YES there is Yod´ling on a few tracks (dunno why?)...nevermind that..this is a wonderful album....filled with dreamy we like them!! A special mention to tracks:"Tamara´s move" / " Fretless love" / "focus 8" and " Blizu tebe" (whatever- that means??) anyhow this is a rare we dont seem to encounter reviving of the old guys very much...any more !!! Well what did you an old geezer...i love this music!!!
Tonny Larz | 5/5 |