Manning - Number Ten CD (album) cover

3 stars Sometimes I just can't get the fuzz around some certain artist/release here on PA. While some bands are bashed for being copycats, others recieve positive feedbacks for "carrying an influence" or "preserving the traditions", etc. I mean every single note here screams classic JETHRO TULL, but that's alright for most reviewers. The only tracks I really liked were epics, others float between pompous AOR and average singer/songwriter stuff. This is not bad material, not at all, but these positive reviews make you expect something better, you know. I guess I won't seek further for other GUY MANNING releases, it's just not my cup of tea - enjoyable only for 2-3 spins.
Prog-jester | 3/5 |