Dream Theater - Distance Over Time CD (album) cover

DISTANCE OVER TIME

Dream Theater

Zoltanxvamos
5 stars A Solid Performance, well wiritten, unbelievable sound quality but very overcorrected.

This album is like something robots would write, perfect timing (too perfect at that). My first complaint is that this album is so perfect that it lacks humanity, it's a very robotic album. Everything is overcorrected and sounds like it was drawn with midi instead of it being played with actual instruments. But that doesn't take away the fact that this album is actually really good. This album their best release since 'Black Clouds and Sliver Linings'. Lots of Solos by both Mister John Petrucci and Mister Jordan Rudess. Complex time signatures, complex guitar riffs by John that... well... let's say many guitarists will have stretch marks on their fingers if they even attempt half of these riffs. I actually can't believe I'm saying this about Dream Theater as they are nowadays, with the... other than impressive release 'The Astonishing' (Post-'The Astonishing' Era DT as I should say) but this album is actually gold. Its heavy, well written and might actually take over Train of Thought on my list. Dream Theater obviously wanted a clean album and they delivered an album that is as clear and clean as purified water. Well Done Dream Theater!

Zoltanxvamos | 5/5 |