Pink Floyd - More (OST) CD (album) cover

MORE (OST)

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Atomic Relic
3 stars This album came out in 1969 and was the soundtrack for the movie More. Overall this album has a couple pleasant songs and a couple songs that make you leave confused on why them on the album. Now let's get into the songs on this album

Cirrus Minor - The first song on the album. It has some nice bird sound effects in the background and has some pleasant vocals and acoustic guitar. Overall this song is a nice little song. But nothing out of this world. ( 3.5/5 )

The Nile Song - The second song on the album. This song took me surprise the first time I heard it. It sounded nothing like a Pink Floyd song, but it still was a song that I really appreciated. With the heavy guitar and unique drum sounds it was a great surprise. Sometimes I wish Pink Floyd made a entire album with songs like The Nile Song in the album. ( 4.5/5 )

Crying Song - This song left me bored and not impressed. The vocals were fine but nothing out of this world amazing. The guitar solo towards the end of the song was one of the saving graces of the song. overall the song would be a ( 2.5/5 )

Up the Khyber - This song has some great piano work by Richard Wright and the drums really rock in this song. It's definitely a unique Pink Floyd song to say the least. But I enjoyed it. ( 4/5 )

Green is the Color - The second best song on this album in my opinion. David's voice just beautiful and the guitar goes along with the piano very nicely. It never gets boring and leaves you feeling relaxed throughout the entire song ( 4.5/5 )

Cymbaline - " it's high tide, Cymbaline ". This is my favorite song on the album and this has been one of my top 20 favorite Pink Floyd songs for a while now. it's just a great song. The piano really carry's the song and the drums really fit in this song well. ( 5/5 )

Party Sequence - What can I say about this song. You can tell this one was made for the movie. But even though you can tell it's made for the movie, I still like the song, the drums are interesting as well. The only thing bad thing here is that the song is short. ( 3/5 )

Main Theme - just like Party Sequence this is obviously made for the movie. But also just like Party Sequence I enjoyed this song. Even a little more then Party Sequence. I liked the piano and guitar in this song as well. ( 4/5 )

Ibiza Bar - This song has a very similar feeling to The Nile Song but isn't as good as The Nile song. Don't get me wrong. This song is still a rocking and a one of a kind Pink Floyd song, but I feel like it could have been worked on a bit more to bring it to the same level as The Nile Song. ( 4/5 )

More Blues - was anyone really asking for more blues though? Eh, this song starts off and you feel like it can go somewhere but it never really goes anywhere. The drums are also stagnant throughout the entirety of the song until it changes in a unimpressive way towards the end of the song. This is one of those songs you should skip on the album ( 2/5 )

Quicksilver - this is just ambient track that was made for the More movie. The keyboards go on for 7 minutes and I feel like they could have used those 7 minutes in a better way. ( 2.5/5 )

A Spanish Piece - Um... this is just a weird song. The talking in the song ruins it completely. It's extremely unenjoyable and annoying. ( 1.5/5 )

Dramatic Theme - I don't really know why this is called " Dramatic Theme " since it's not really dramatic at all. The guitar was was different and interesting at least. It's definitely better then the previous song A Spanish Piece. ( 2.5/5 )

Overall the album has a few enjoyable songs and some of the songs are very unique for Pink Floyd. I would recommend this album after you have heard every other Pink Floyd album. ( 3/5 )

Atomic Relic | 3/5 |