Asia - Live in Massachusetts '83  CD (album) cover

LIVE IN MASSACHUSETTS '83

Asia

lazland
1 stars Having a few spare minutes, I decided to have a look through the list of albums registered on the site, but without a review. I didn't really expect to have any of them, so was quite surprised when I came across this, a live concert in Massachusetts from 1983 released on CD some 11 years later. I picked it up from a market stall in Swansea, and honestly thought that I had picked up a bootleg CD - apparently not, although the quality of the production really still leads me to think it is a bootleg, it is that bad!

I love Asia, and do not mind the pop slant of much of the classic lineup. Indeed, when I get round to reviewing Phoenix, I will probably award it four stars.

However, I will only give this one star, and will not even bother to go through the full track listing. Many of my favourite tracks are on the concert, such as Wildest Dreams, The Smile Has Left Your Eyes. The obligatory The Clap is there, plus a 10 minute plus Palmer drum solo. It just sounds absolutely awful, with production sounding as if it was recorded in a London phone box in the middle of a rush hour.

Don't be tempted as I was to get this. It just isn't worth it.

lazland | 1/5 |