Deep Purple - Shades of Deep Purple CD (album) cover

SHADES OF DEEP PURPLE

Deep Purple

Proto-Prog

Valarius
2 stars Far from being Deep Purple's biggest fan, I didn't go into this album expecting much, but then I suppose that's probably a good thing, because it's a lot easier to be surprised that way.

I was actually shocked at how much I was enjoying some of the songs on this album. Whilst all the tracks are generally weak by later standards, some of them had some pretty catchy choruses which I couldn't help but start to sing along to.

I don't really have much else to say concerning this album. The first five songs are all decent enough (although I don't think they'll be many times when I go out of my way to put any of them on), but the last three songs are kind of dull and uninspired.

Overall this is a good album, but I wouldn't recommend spending too much on it. I only paid 1.50 for mine, so I'm happy.

Valarius | 2/5 |