Art Bears - Hopes and Fears CD (album) cover

Art Bears

5 stars Really, there's not much more to say that other reviewers haven't said already. But, mainly out of love for the genre, this is the second shift in this great revolving doorway that came out of Henry Cow.

I, for one, enjoy this even more as it is so much focus on composition, and by god, Dagmar absolutely is now in her element. The stripped down arrangements are magical and yet hard hitting. The Rock element is also in full swing on a few tracks, and this is why I love these performers - they do what the music calls for, regardless of expectations or prejudices.

As this (and HC) introduced me to my first taste of RIO (which I now can't get enough of!) I am still stunned every time I listen to this masterwork. The Art Bears box is worth pursing if you haven't any of these, or what the definitive mastering of the gifts from these talented individuals.

I appreciate the disclaimer that pops up when giving 5 stars on Progarchives, but I must give it the High Five!

Long live RIO in this purest form.

tmay102436 | 5/5 |