Brainticket - Celestial Ocean CD (album) cover

Brainticket

Krautrock

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars Maybe first album in Krautrock genre I've ever heard. And so I wonder, was this wise choice ? After first listen, I wanted to give this just three stars. But "Jardins" was too strong to stand still. Such a potential in it. But short "Rainbow" was so annoying, "Era of Technology" so gray that I wasn't able to see something. Some people are colour-blind, maybe I'm psychedelic/kraut blind. But I don't believe it, because I could appreciate some of these albums in past.

I'm just not so keen on it, not in ecstasy from every cosmic sound I can hear here. So after good first two tracks came these "noises" (for me, not necessarily for you) which ends for a while with other half of "The Space Between" but only to return to some strange mumbling which could be heard in previous track. "Cosmic Winds" is again up on this strange sinusoid. Pleasant track to listen with these krautrock influences I like. OK, I lied a little bit, this is not my first Kraut album. At least it don't follow usual pattern, for example last track, "Vision" is very unique and as epilogue to story I didn't get is great.

So, follow the crowd and give 4 stars, or have my own mind and rate it 3. I have better idea - giving it 3.51, so it can fell to four star category. Because I really don't know how to move it from this average, 3-4 place. But there is this story which can be good (as soon as I'll understand it), so better mark is here. Enjoy it as well proggers.

Marty McFly | 4/5 |