Harmonium - Si On Avait Besoin D'Une Cinquième Saison CD (album) cover

SI ON AVAIT BESOIN D'UNE CINQUIÈME SAISON

Harmonium

MusicMan3172
5 stars I bought this album based on the high ranking and tremendous reviews it has received on this site. After about two listens, I am completely hooked.

The music on this album is extremely melodic and well-written. I found myself being consumed by the melodies and overall song structures. Even though I don't speak a wink of french, I also enjoy the singing that comes with the package.

All five of the songs are great, but I just can't get enough of the final track, Histoires Sans Paroles. Almost entirely instrumental (minus a few hums in the middle section), this song connected with me on an emotional level. The melodies are very catchy, and the songs length does not detract from the songs flow.

Fans of progressive music in general should definitely check this album out, and those that are into Camel and/or Fairport Convention should not even hesitate. As a new fan of Harmonium, I cannot wait to acquire their other albums.

MusicMan3172 | 5/5 |