Queensr˙che - Hear In The Now Frontier CD (album) cover

HEAR IN THE NOW FRONTIER

Queensr˙che

davidewata
3 stars This album was over-produced and Chris DeGarmo was over-produced as well. I hope you get what I mean. Chris should have given more opportunity to the other members to speak out their ideas and create something as band. I love Queensryche and I dare not saying HITNF is a "bad" one. It was just...over-produced and it made it unnatural in some sense.

Opened by a song with silly lyrics but brilliantly constructed, "Sign of The Times", the tracks continue with several more songs that make going "eeh, where's the thing?" Yup, this album gets you somewhat excited as it reaches to "Saved" and then continued to the next 4 tracks "You", "Hero", "Miles Away", and "Reach". The latter and "Hit The Black" may be the only 2 tracks in there that really kicks your heart out as they are more metal than the others. The last 2 tracks are quite interesting as "Anytime/Anywhere" is a more-Zeppelin- tracks than "a queensryche" ;-) You may catcf the feel of rock n' roll here. As "SpOOL" is a dark-driven song, the album may leave you feeling quite bizarre as what you may feel when listening to Promised Land album as it was closed with "Someone Else" (if you ever listsned to PL, of course...). In my opinion, Chris should have let Geoff sing "All I Want". His grungy-style vocals ruined everything in this album.

Play the track 1 and the skip to track 6. Then you will realize this is a good one. [Davidewata; Indonesia]

| 3/5 |