Opeth - Ghost Reveries CD (album) cover

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

Prog Metal Team
5 stars Well it seems that, two years earlier, I was too pessimistic about Opeth's future. Akerfelt must have found a new treasure box of fabulous riffs and serves them hot and spicy in a stellar 60 minute journey right through the heart of magic metal land. (Excuse me for the somewhat exuberant style here; I just thought I needed something to fit the music).

We can regret that it lacks the unmatched atmosphere of Opeth's early years, as both the frost bitten gloom of the early albums and the haunted angst of Still Life and Blackwater Park are no more, but the musicality and song quality are unbelievably high throughout. With this album Opeth has created another best rock album ever. It's unfair just how good this band is.

Bonnek | 5/5 |