Klaus Schulze - Blackdance CD (album) cover

Klaus Schulze

Progressive Electronic

4 stars This Klaus Schulze album is quite pleasant to listen to. IMO, it belongs to the very good ones from the artist. But I am biased, I reckon.

I believe that this one offers serious and melodic lines, beautiful and spacey moments, and gorgeous synth music and rather avant-garde when you bear in mind that it was released in '74.

It is of course quite close in a sense to what TD was releasing in the same period of time, but after all, both were issued from the same school and shared the bill earlier on during their debut album.

This album is rather accessible (to my concepts) and should please any fan of electronic music. It is quite enjoyable, varied (even if the opener might sound repetitive to some ears) and delicate.

My preferred track is the long "Voices Of Syn" but none of the songs featured on the original album can be considered as average. They are all damned good and deserve a global four stars.

The remastered version includes two bonus tracks which are quite good actually. It prolongs the experience by some twenty-five minutes of which "Foreplay" is rather moving and intense.

I like this album quite a lot. This is indeed a might trip.

ZowieZiggy | 4/5 |