Flaming Youth - Guide Me, Orion / From Now On CD (album) cover

Flaming Youth

Proto-Prog

The Runaway
2 stars ORION!

If I may start this review with the words of the wise Ivan Melgar, "Guide Me, Orion sounds like the Mamas and the Papas, without the Mamas.", the previous words could not be any more correct, as Guide Me, Orion is an orchestral track, in its operatic feel and massive vocal overdubs, as well as a folky track with a folky sound.

From Now On starts with Brian Chatton's Hammond organ and "Flash" Gordon Smith's vocals, and then transforms into an vocalized opera part. The track is cathedral, and sounds like Genesis and Focus had made an album together.

I have to say though, both these songs don't really get to a place in my heart in which I can listen to them knowing I like them and that I'm prepared to put them on loop. The single is also very rare, and those who buy it are sure to be called collectors, so I finish this review giving this single, 2 stars out of 5.

The Runaway | 2/5 |