The Beatles - A Collection Of Beatles Oldies (But Goldies !) CD (album) cover

A COLLECTION OF BEATLES OLDIES (BUT GOLDIES !)

The Beatles

Proto-Prog

toroddfuglesteg
2 stars My neighbour (almost) tortured the life out of me with this cassette thirty years ago. He was and still is (according to his Facebook profile) a big Beatles fan. I am just turning into a Beatles fan and I stumbled over this cassette some days ago together with the Hollywood Bowl live album (cassette).

This is an OK compilation of mostly their pre-prog songs. The review by Guillermo has described why this album was released and I refer to him for the full story. With the exception of Bad Boy, there is nothing here which is not good. Eleanor Rigby is the best song on this compilation. I am satisfied that it is not released on CD. That would be a waste of resources. The songs are great. The idea back in 1966 was OK and I am sure Brian Epstein and The Beatles really appreciated the xtra income from this album. But in this day and age; this is the The Beatles compilation you don't need. The artwork is nice though.

2 stars