Rush - Hemispheres CD (album) cover

HEMISPHERES

Rush

snobb
4 stars True Rush album, but still in transition. May be it sounds a bit strange, but for me this album is still the evidence of their way to masterpieces as Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures,

Yes, there we have just four compositions, that formally confirms their music as prog-rock. But in fact I can hear here more mix between hard rock and prog. OK, this album is very important in sense of decision of the direction: Rush turned on to their classical heavy prog ( from hard rock of their earlier albums).

Music is true Rush, but still too heavy and in moments a bit simplistic. Whenever you have a big portions of heavy prog there, at the same time you have big portions of hard as well. In some places you just can feel how these pieces are connected between each other.

The best song for me is "La Villa Strangiato", more deep and melodically mature composition, one of their best instrumentals at all.

I think this album is very important for Rush discography and quite interesting for listening. But still not at the level of their best works. Strong 4.

snobb | 4/5 |