IO Earth - Aura CD (album) cover

AURA

IO Earth

javajeff
4 stars I am new to IO Earth, so I have only been listening to the first four albums since February. They have remained in my rotation since they are some of the highest quality albums available in modern prog. Aura is very different than the predecessors. It is more atmospheric, contains spoken samples, and has a more mellow vibe. It starts out with more orchestration as the violin is sublime, and ends with more atmosphere in the track The Rain. The Rain ends with what may be described as birds chirping... perhaps the sun has spoken. Rosanna Lefevre sounds amazing as usual, but Aura seems to have more vocal harmonies where she may not always take the lead. The compositions are fantastic, and the musicianship is excellent. Music for me is all about my mood, so there are certain times of the day when I find IO Earth to be just right. Night time is one of those times. Just relax and listen.
javajeff | 4/5 |