Dream Theater - Train Of Thought CD (album) cover

Dream Theater

4 stars What is not to like here? Yeah I know it is not as "progressive" nor as experimental as Scenes or Six Degrees, but it is Rockin'! I find myself constantly replaying this gem ( which can be found in most record stores for under $10!). I enjoy the booklet, the lyrics, the singing (for the most part), and the incredible playing. I know this one is geared towards the metal audience out there, but I do not find that to be a detraction at all. The Stream of Consciousness instrumental is to die for. In the Name of God has my fist pumping in the air every time and at 14 mins is just too short (could go on another 5 mins. and I would still be happy!) My 12 year old finds this to be absolutely incredible and asked for it on his mp3 player, to which I quickly agreed. If you are a fan of later DT, I think you will love this one!
pagan97 | 4/5 |