Gösta Berlings Saga - Konkret Musik CD (album) cover

KONKRET MUSIK

Gösta Berlings Saga

NickCrimsonII
3 stars Gosta Berlings Saga are a Swedish instrumental and experimental progressive rock band, consisting of some really talented and open-minded guys. So far, I had heard their previous album 'ET EX', and the subsequent live album on which they play mostly new songs. Both were quite good, so I was quite pleased at the news that there's a new GBS album out!

'Konkret Musik' is a really decent album, several influences are prevalent (one of the more obvious being King Crimson) and we can also observe the band developing their 'signature' sound even more. However, it feels like a very safe album. Songs' lengths vary between 2 and 6 minutes, the music is quite repetitive although they really 'hit it' on several memorable and punchy tracks. Overall, the album is interesting to go through but I feel it will not be something I would want to go back to often.

NickCrimsonII | 3/5 |