Atomic Rooster - Space Cowboy CD (album) cover

SPACE COWBOY

Atomic Rooster

Valarius
2 stars To be honest, I'm not really a huge fan of Atomic Rooster, and only bought this album because it was 1 and I thought it'd be worth checking out.

With that said, I'm actually surprised at how much I like some of the songs. I wasn't expecting Atomic Rooster to be so Jazzy/Funky. While these may not be Progressive Rock masterpieces, and certainly not the kind of music I would listen to very often, there are a few nice tunes in here which definitely make it worth the pound I spent on it.

The main highlight for me is 'Stand By Me', a song which I liked immediately upon hearing it. I've also grown rather fond of 'Don't Know What Went Wrong', 'Can't Find a Reason' and 'Take One Toke'.

In fact, I like all the songs on offer here, but obviously some more than others. This doesn't mean this record will be a regular in my playlist. Nor does it mean I'm suddenly going to rush out and buy more Atomic Rooster albums. I can't even say if this is a fair representation of the band as I don't know anything about them.

This certainly isn't the best CD in my collection, but it's a nice little treat to go back to every now and again.

Valarius | 2/5 |