Voivod - Infini CD (album) cover

INFINI

Voivod

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

debrewguy
4 stars I've been tormenting myself ever since I got this album through a Flac download from the SonicUnyon store

I want to rave about it. I want to rev up the band's fan base. I want tech metal fans to pick up on it.

That's the easy part. The hard part is how I'm going to put that in a review.

SO here goes - the guitar tracks are more aggressive than most of the band's output except for War & Pain and Roaaarrgghh. Almost gone is the streamlined metal that pervaded the earlier Jasonic albums. I even had to double check the credits because I thought Blacky was back !

The band are back to the Nothingface / Dimension Hatross attitude but with a certain rawness that wasn't present back then. Piggy's dissonant jazz chords are back. Snake shows that you don't need to growl like a cookie monster to sound menacing.

And as much as I would love to present a piece by piece review, I can't . Simply put, whenever I put it on to write about it, I find myself getting lost in the music .

Run, don't walk to your computer. WHOOPS, you're already there! If you're a hard core fan, and now realize you can't wait, SonicUnyon has a Flac download that includes everything that comes with the actual CD. And for $12CAD.

If you're a tech metal fan who's curious, check out the streaming songs on their site - you'll want to get it ! www.voivod.com

This is definitely a must hear for tech metal fans this year. Support the underdog, support the ''Vod, and pray that they come to my town

debrewguy | 4/5 |