Deep Purple - Whoosh! CD (album) cover

WHOOSH!

Deep Purple

Proto-Prog

prog_traveller!!
2 stars Deep purple is a band that does not need an introduction. From the beginning they made a significant impact to rock music in general. Albums like In rock, Fireball, Machine head and MK III's Burn will be forever known as classic milestones of rock. Deep purple had lot's of line up changes and from the beginning of their career until 2020 they released 21 studio albums. For me personally the magic stopped after their Stormbringer album. There are solid efforts from the band from 1974 but they never captured the magic from the period and albums mentioned in the beginning. Whoosh! Is a third studio effort produced by Bob Ezrin and it's the weakest of the bunch. I must say that I never had a problem when a band changes their sound for the better, but it the case of Deep purple not many good things happened. The songs on this album are weak and none of the 13 songs bring anything memorable. This is an album that I will not return to any time soon.
prog_traveller!! | 2/5 |

Share this DEEP PURPLE review

Donate monthly and keep PA fast-loading and ad-free forever.