Hypnos 69 - Legacy CD (album) cover

LEGACY

Hypnos 69

Psychedelic/Space Rock

prog_traveller!!
5 stars Hypnos 69 was a progressive rock band from Belgium and one of the most underrated bands ever. Their album Legacy from 2010 is a pure music gold. Hypnos 69 has a really unique sound and the combination of heavy guitars, organ, mellotron, jazz elements with sax and flute parts and it is all masterfully combined into their 18 minute epic Requiem (for a Dying Creed) a three part masterpiece. Various mood changes that stretch from heaviness to calm and back.

An Aerial Architect is one of the coolest songs I've ever heard, fantastic dense brass opening lines and energy that goes out trough out this piece make this an amazing track.

My journey to the stars is a shorter, more melodic song which features a great vocal performance. The Sad Destiny We Lament is a melodic tune filled with space elements it represents a passage from and to the thunder.

The Empty Hourglass is a heavy prog piece and it introduces us to Jerusalem. a tale that is being told trough the clarinet and the interesting vocals.

The four part epic The Great Work is a fantastic way to end this album, a 18 minute prog ride, starts slowly and mysterious and again we have a fantastic build up from the band and down-tempo outro. This album perfectly delivers various styles of prog from space psych to heavy, symphonic and eclectic.

prog_traveller!! | 5/5 |

Share this HYPNOS 69 review

Donate monthly and keep PA fast-loading and ad-free forever.