Peter Gabriel - Plays Live CD (album) cover

PLAYS LIVE

Peter Gabriel

Bonnek
Prog Metal Team
5 stars Another album that probably doesn't need much of an introduction here. It's been with me from the time when it was released and has maintained a continuous presence in the playlist ever since.

It's not that I have a top 10 list of everything but if you'd ask me who my favourite singer is, I'd probably answer Peter Gabriel, even though I don't like all his solo albums. But his instantly recognizable husky voice is both warm and expressive, always original, a guarantee for great and memorable melodies.

This live album has pretty much all of his best tunes from the first 4 albums. It has energizing performances from the entire band and especially Gabriel himself shines throughout. The sound is a bit smoother then the often rough and 'art rocky' studio originals. I can't say it's better or less. It's just a different angle and it makes this album an essential addition to Gabriel's impressive solo discography.

Bonnek | 5/5 |