Catapilla - Catapilla CD (album) cover

CATAPILLA

Catapilla

Beautiful Scarlet
4 stars A phenomenal album one of my favorites of this style. Anna Meek the, the singer makes this band and for some breaks. Her singing is abrasive, operatic, I dare say "out of tune" and yet it is what gives Catapilla a unique sound. For me her singing is absolutely perfect and beautiful but I can see how people would find it jarring.

Another feature of Catapilla are lengthy songs with extended instrumental sections, which is wonderful as the instruments are quite pulchritudinous.

Naked Death 9/10 Opening track and a strong one at that, though there are greater heights to visit. Exhibiting Catapilla's virtues you are blessed with Meeks vocal magic rapidly before being serenaded by a troop of musicians. Eventually the splendid head is reprised at the end. The only flaw is it's instrumental section meanders more then soars in comparison to their other songs.

Tumbleweed 7/10 Is a shorter song for them at around 3 minutes. It's detractions come from being an all around less interesting composition in my opinion.

Promises 10/10 Hear it.

Embryonic Fusion 11/10 it's why the ratings go up to 11! One of those rare jaw dropping masterpieces.

Beautiful Scarlet | 4/5 |

Share this CATAPILLA review

Donate monthly and keep PA fast-loading and ad-free forever.