Jethro Tull - Catfish Rising CD (album) cover

Jethro Tull

Prog Folk

Prog Metal Team
2 stars In order not to bring my fond memories of the great band that Jethro Tull once was below freezing point, I stopped paying attention to them after Heavy Horses. I have heard snippets of every album they made since but again and again my disappointment grew larger.

This Rising Catfish is a symptomatic. While it tries to recapture some of the 70's form and chemistry of the band, the weak song writing, the lack of heart, the indifferent performance and some of its AOR tendencies make it a very uninspiring listen. Jethro Tull has really become a band living in the past, applying the recipes of yore but missing the flash of genius that made them so special. An album like Catfish Rising is something a Jethro Tull fan quickly wants to forget.

Bonnek | 2/5 |