Kamelot - Dominion CD (album) cover

DOMINION

Kamelot

Valarius
2 stars To be honest I don't think there is really much to shout about here. The band's debut album 'Eternity', despite being nothing more than standard 90's Power Metal, had some pretty cool moments in there. Unfortunately the follow up album, 'Dominion', is more-or-less the same thing, only with all-round weaker songs.

A lot of the songs sound the same to me, and although there are some amazing riffs, for the most part there isn't much to truly get my attention. However, with that said, there are two highlights for me, which is 'Song of Roland' and 'We Are Not Seperate'. Both pieces have some amazing riffs and melodies, and surely serves as a sign as to where Kamelot are headed.

An all-round good Power Metal album, not really for anyone other than Kamelot diehards though. The best is yet to come.

Valarius | 2/5 |