Queensrˇche - Promised Land CD (album) cover

Prog Metal Team
4 stars Just when it felt like the band was moving into a commercial direction Queensrˇche went back to the studio and delivered their darkest and most ambitious album to date.

It wasn't an easy first listen but after a few spins I started to appreciate it more and more. Although I usually skip the intro 9:28 AM because I prefer to get straight to the goodies and this album offers quite a few. Staring with the atmospheric I Am I which transitions smoothly in a monster of a track called Damaged. This composition is the highlight of the album but things do get even better towards the end of the album.

Unfortunately Promised Land wasn't as well received as some of the band's more commercially-oriented releases so Queensrˇche never followed up on the foundation laid by this very promising record. Instead this album remains a testament of the unrealized potential this band had in the period of late '80s and early '90s.

***** star songs: Damaged (3:58) Lady Jane (4:15) One More Time (4:19)

**** star songs: I Am I (3:57) Out Of Mind (4:36) Bridge (3:30) Promised Land (7:58) Disconnected (4:45) My Global Mind (4:22) Someone Else? (4:44)

*** star songs: 9:28 AM (1:44)

Total rating: 4,22