Bill Nelson - I hear electricity /Kiss you slowly CD (album) cover

I HEAR ELECTRICITY /KISS YOU SLOWLY

Bill Nelson

snobb
4 stars For me Bill Nelson was unknown musician, the only trace in my memory is his old time band Be Bop Deluxe. But after disbanded the band, he released more than 50 (!) solo albums till now!

Working mostly as multi instrumentalist at his home studio, he is recording few albums every year.

This single is one of latest releases and contains just two songs ( and still could be downloaded FREE from Billy Nelson site). The music is a mix of some electronic sounds from 80-s ( some sound heavily remind me Gary Numan) and guitar work from similar period. Both songs are melodic and complex enough not to be boring.

His singing remind David Bowie, all music style is a bit similar to David Sylvian. This short single isn't representative enough to imagine Bill Nelson music, but is enough attractive to make next step and try to listen other his album.

snobb | 4/5 |