The Flower Kings - Adam & Eve CD (album) cover

The Flower Kings

5 stars 4.7/5

When I review albums, I usually compare a band's work with their other stuff, as I'm sure others do. I don't quite understand how this album is rated as one of their lowest. I see this album as their last excellent piece of work. (Superior to Paradox Hotel and The Sum of No Evil)

Adam and Eve has everything I love about this band- great melodies, vocals, and musicianship. There are no slow, tedious moments on this album, and its diversity and range works perfectly. Every band has its weaknesses, and I would say that TFK's tend to drag a bit here and there, trying to fill the max capacity of a single disc (and sometimes 2) But Adam and Eve does not do this at all- it's length is satisfying and tasteful. If you are new to this band, I recommend you start with Space Revolver, and then move onto Adam and Eve or Unfold the Future.

Drew | 5/5 |