Peter Hammill - The Silent Corner And The Empty Stage CD (album) cover

THE SILENT CORNER AND THE EMPTY STAGE

Peter Hammill

Rune2000
Prog Metal Team
4 stars This is so far my favorite Hammill solo effort. The album starts with Modern which is easily the best intro track out of the Peter Hammill trilogy and sets a great mood for the rest of this release. There isn't really a single lesser/weak composition here and, once again, the trilogy-album ends on its biggest highlight.

I just realized that I still haven't said anything about the lyrics that are so prominent on all Peter Hammill albums. Forsaken Gardens is my favorite lyrical theme of this album because it deals with such ground breaking every realizations that are just too good to be contemplated on by a 25-year old.

Still this albums biggest highlight is A Louse Is Not A Home which will always be one of my top ten favorite compositions ever recorded! There is just nothing I can write that will be good enough praise for it so I'll just recommend everyone to listen to the sample available here on Prog Archives!

***** star songs: Forsaken Gardens (6:15) A Louse Is Not A Home (12:13)

**** star songs: Modern (7:28) Wilhelmina (5:17) The Lie (Bernini's Saint Theresa) (5:40) Red Shift (8:11) Rubicon (4:11)

Rune2000 | 4/5 |