Amon Düül - Psychedelic Underground CD (album) cover

PSYCHEDELIC UNDERGROUND

Amon Düül

Krautrock

UMUR
1 stars Psychedelic Underground is the debut full-length studio album by psychadelic/ krautrock act Amon Düül. Amon Düül were one of the early pioneers in the krautrock style and Psychedelic Underground is generally considered one of the earliest examples of the style.

The album contains six tracks. All repetitive, rather noisy at times and badly produced songs. I can think of a lot of other krautrock albums that I would recommend listening to before this one. The songs simply go nowhere IMO. Jamming and psychadelic but not very interesting. The playing is sloppy and if you ask me it´s a stretch to call it adventurous even though it´s certainly unconventional.

This is the kind of album that serves best as a historical document and not really for listening pleasure. At least I have a very hard time getting any kind of enjoyment out of listening to the album. If you´re interested in the earliest origins of krautrock this might suit your taste though. I refuse to give Psychedelic Underground more than a 1 star rating, first of all because I can´t stand listening to it but also because of the sub par musicianship and the awful and noisy production. Enter at your own risk.

UMUR | 1/5 |