Gryphon - Midnight Mushrumps CD (album) cover

Prog Folk

Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams
4 stars This is a transition album for Gryphon. the first, self titled album was in a traditional medieval style, sounding quite authentic. This album has just a but more rock stylings, but still is very medieval, although much of the album sounds to me like the band has mixed a few later periods of chamber music into the compositions as well.

The music is very nice, the musicians are quite accomplished at this style, using many period instruments as well as some modern ones. My only complaint is that there is a bit too much solo acoustic guitar for my tastes.

A sold four stars.