World Trade - World Trade CD (album) cover

World Trade

2 stars Put on to this as one of Classic Rock magazine's 'top ten prog albums of the eighties', this had much to live up to. Sadly it fails. We end up with someone trying to sound like the 'Yes' of the same period, which isn't exactly saying alot. 'Big generator' must be one of Yes' least memorable albums, and this follows suit.

I personally prefer my Yes music to be a bit more 'moody' than this repetitively paced offering. 'Classic Rock' were right that the stand-out song is 'The revolution song', which is very catchy, but listen some more and 'Sense of freedom' stands out as a not to bad attempt to be moody, whilst the last song, 'Open the door' is worthy too.

Overall though, I found it a shallow ride.

sussexbowler | 2/5 |