Progarchives, the progressive rock ultimate discography - Seventh Story CD (album) cover

3 stars Ambitious album without precise accomplishment

It's the second studio album by uzbekistani jazz rock fusion band Fromuz - Seventh Story. With Seventh Story begins a new period for the band and I would call it transition. In my opinion it's a negative transition. The album contains vocals (made by guitarist Vitaly Popeloff) and much more jazz moments, than Overlook. It contains a lot of ambitious, dynamic and intensive parts, but despite vocals, I think it's a step backward for the band, because of the presence of monotonous moments and themes as awell as unpleasing vocals (they looks like the vocals by other slav - Mariusz Duda from Riverside), I would rate this album less than Overlook. Moreover, the album is not as catchy and balanced as the debut! Seventh Story is a transition for the band not only in terms of sound, but in terms of line-up changes. There are a few line-up changes, which are crucial for the album. Probably the musicians haven't good teamwork together, yet! And yet nice attempt for the band, deserving attention! 3+ stars!

poslednijat_colobar | 3/5 |