Chroma Key - Dead Air for Radios CD (album) cover

Chroma Key

Psychedelic/Space Rock

von Phanoe
5 stars YES! I did read the message saying "now think about this once again, dude, you can't give every "great" album 5 stars" - but if I had to choose a score of records to give 5 stars, I'm pretty sure this one would be one af them. My greatest problem is, that I find it extremely hard explaining why, being a progrock fan mostly orientated towards the VERY weird, very extreme, very confusing, very ugly and very challenging. And this album is certainly NOT. But ... maybe I like it so much because it has just a little of all this but at the same time it contains great melodys, almost pop. While nevertheless you get a clear feeling, that this dude is capable of SO much more. In danish we would say that he "underplays" the music. And even though you can hum the most of the tunes after one hearing, you still discover a whole lot more during the many next - like you should in all good music.

Oh ... and one last thing - this album couldn't possibly be categorized as "progressive metal", just because Kevin Moore is from Dream Theatre, please change that, someone.

von Phanoe | 5/5 |